Put Your Old Paint Brushes to Good Use
1. Repurpose: Make a Wreath
A wreath is but one of the few things you can create with old and hard paint brushes. Create a unique door decoration that no one else is sure to have by hot gluing one paint brush on top of another. Best of all, you have full control over the color you want each brush to be as a part of your wreath.
2. Reuse: Find Different Uses for Them
If you were able to clean your paint brushes and if they didn’t get hard, then you can reuse them throughout the home. Thriftyfun suggests the following uses:
- Use as a barbecue basting brush
- Use for spreading egg whites on baking
- Use for cleaning keyboard of your computer
- Use for dusting lampshades
- Use for dusting corners and other small areas
- Use dampened to clean vinyl blinds
- Use for greasing pans for baking
- Use for cleaning out corners of cookie tins and bread boxes
3. Recycle: Give Them to Charity
There are charities that collect leftover paint to help those in the community who may need it. These charities may also accept old paint brushes for which you have no use. Find the closest drop-off location near you through paintcare.org.
Those are just a few of the ideas we had to reuse old paint brushes, but there are so many things you can do with them! Show us how you use them on our Facebook page. We can’t wait to see what you create!