Top 15 Things to Ask Your Painting Contractor
At JQ Paint, we pride ourselves on being as transparent as possible. You’ll always know what to expect and the quality of our work. We’re also open—ask us anything and we’re here to help. Now that we’ve tooted our horn, we also know that not all contractors are alike. With that said, here are 10 things to look for or ask your contractor when choosing a painting company.
Things to Ask Your Painting Contractor
Imagine trusting someone to do what they wish with your home. Hiring a painting contractor involves a lot of trust—you need to know that they will paint your room, home exterior or commercial space the way you expect them to. The last thing you want to do is come back to a splotchy painted room with colors that don’t match your requested palette. With that said, here are some things to look for when hiring a painting contractor so you can feel more comfortable with their abilities:
- Do you have a portfolio of work or a list of clients who can verify your work?
- Are you a licensed contractor? What is your license number?
- Are your accredited with the BBB?
- Who, if anyone, will be able to answer my calls/questions?
- How long have you been in business?
Ask About Policies and the Team
In addition to protecting your assets, it’s important to know that your contractor takes care of their team. In case something happens, you don’t want to be held liable for something that is their responsibility. Be sure to ask about:
- Workman’s Compensation Insurance
- Does the work come with a warranty?
- Are you insured?
- How do you choose your painters?
Ask About the Job
Make sure all expectations are set. You can get the nitty gritty specific to your project by asking:
- How many painters will be on the job?
- How long will the job take?
- What will the job cost?
- What is included in clean up, if anything?
- What type of primer and paint do you use?
- What is your prep process?
Don’t be shy when it comes to learning about your painting contractor. Do you have any other questions to add to this list? If you have any questions for us, we are happy to answer! Feel free to contact us at any time. Let’s talk paint!